ADOPTING A CHILD WON'T CHANGE THE WORLD,
BUT FOR THAT CHILD, THE WORLD WILL CHANGE.

Monday, June 22, 2009

More Hurdles To Jump!

This is how the morning started. I woke Bryson up and took him potty, putting him back on the bed to get him dressed. He climbs back under the covers, precedes to tell me I am naughty for waking him up and that he was tired and wanted to sleep.

On the way to the hospital, he kept confirming no more hospital and no more casts to which I confirmed. YIKES!!! I should have known better!
Yes, Bryson is back in a cast on his right leg. His foot is turning, which is what I have suspected from week one of being out of the casts. His left foot is turning too, but the doctor feels it can be corrected in one casting or during the body cast after the hip surgery.

Yes, I did say hip surgery. This doctor was even more encouraging about operating. He felt Bryson's hips have very good movement. He said if there was not enough movement he would never recommend surgery on an older child.

He also feels that it would be best for Bryson and our family to have the surgery in Sacramento. He anticipates him being in a body cast for 6-8 weeks barring no complications. So our prayers are now that the doctor on Thursday agrees with our last two doctors. He is one of the very best and it would be the best scenario for Mr. B.

However, with all that said the hips can not be corrected until the feet are in the right position. We will be making weekly trips to St Louis now to get his feet recasted. Yes, this makes me sick to my stomach when my gut told me months ago to come out here. Yes, I will let it go! Yes, we will just do what is best for Bryson.

My sweet resilient boy!

7 comments:

jenn said...

Oh Sal-I am so sorry to hear this. Weekly trips-yikes!! Prayers for you!

Anonymous said...

I'm shocked that his feet are starting to turn. I didn't know this was going on. I'm praying for you, you are going thru so much, and my heart feels heavy for you.

Love,
Susan

Karen said...

Praying for peace for you and Rob. I know it's a tough place to be in...traveling for casts, but keep focusing on that end result.

Praying too that the doctor in Sacremento is in agreement with the last two doctors and that he can complete Bryson's surgery with excellent results.

I am already trying to figure out if I can make a drive through St Louis on my way down to Tx (it only adds one more day of driving to my trip:-) and if you guys will be there.

Melody said...

He looks cute even when he's mad!! Poor guy, that had to be so hard on him finding out he had to have casts again. :( So is the casting something they can't do up in Sacramento? I'm sorry!! I wish there was something we could do to help, but we will keep him in our prayers!! ((hugs))

Ohilda said...

Bless his little heart. I will continue to keep your sweet boy in our prayers.

Jean said...

Wow- life is challenging- You two remind me of the energizer battery- you just keep going- and it's a good thing you do. I was so surprised to see Bryson in casts. What a brave little boy!

I am so glad that the surgery can be done in Sacramento. I'll will keep you all in my prayers.

scrappy quilter said...

I'm so sorry to hear this. Continued prayers for you and Mr. B. I can't imagine having to make all these trips again. Hugs.